Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blonde Brownies AKA Blondies




 
Even though my friends in the office will probably curse me for tempting them with baked goods AGAIN, blog day has arrived and I didn’t have time to shop. I asked myself what could I possibly make with what I already had at hand? If you’re anything like me, you may have Easter candy from that sweet-loving bunny lying around! I happen to have, not one, but TWO chocolate bunnies. Poor wabbits…they’re going into my blonde brownies!



Since I’m still not comfortable with coming up with baking recipes, I settled for adapting Toll-House’s Blonde Brownie recipe by swapping the semisweet chocolate chips for my chocolate bunnies.

You’ll be needing:

2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 ¾ c. packed brown sugar
1 ½ sticks of butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips OR 2 Lindt Chocolate Bunnies broken into small pieces

Preheat your oven to 350 and get a medium bowl and a large mixing bowl. In the medium bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, and salt. In the large mixing bowl, beat your butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Once they are completely combined (the brown sugar should look slightly darker) add your eggs one at a time.

After adding the eggs, slowly add your dry ingredients. I did this in four parts, mixing in between then add your chocolate pieces mixing until just combined.

The original recipe calls for a 15 X 10 jellyroll pan but…I don’t like thin brownies! I baked them in a 13X9 inch pan instead and I highly recommend this swap. Spread the batter evenly on the pan (this is probably the hardest part since the consistency is more like cookie dough than a chocolate brownie batter). Bake for 30 to 33 minutes. Allow to cool and then feast!

It’s a lot like a really thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie. Delicious! Especially when warm and gooey. If I had vanilla ice cream, I would certainly have put it on top. Mmmmmmmmmmm!





No comments:

Post a Comment