Saturday, December 8, 2012

25 Days of Cookies: Chocolate Chip Cookies


 The first week of the cookie countdown is over! Day 8 and Recipe 8 is for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I decided to do a Google search for "the best chocolate chip cookies" and the second link to come up was for this recipe from the blog Savory Sweet Life. Which is where you can find this recipe.



 I'm looking for a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that stay soft and chewy and big too! These certainly stay softer and chewier than your standard Tollhouse recipe but they still spread out a little too much. This might be solved by keeping the dough chilled up until it goes into the oven. My first batch didn't spread out nearly as much as my second and third trays. 



What's great about this recipe? The taste is terrific! Why? A greater ratio of brown sugar to granulated sugar. The brown sugar creates a chewier cookie because of the molasses content.

Definitely worth making but I'm still going to keep looking! (My dad loved them and ate about 10 already).

No comments:

Post a Comment