Sunday, December 23, 2012

25 Days of Cookies: Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Chocolate Cookies



Unlike everyone else in the world, it seems, I hate peanut butter and chocolate together. Never been a fan of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but I was getting questions about why I hadn't done a cookie with peanut butter... I just hate it! Never liked PB&J sandwiches and fluffanutters sounded worse. At least I like the jelly in PB&J. However, despite my undisguised loathing of peanut butter cups, the rest of my family loves them so mom bought a bag to have around the house for the holidays. I caved and made a cookie with them. I even ate one so I could properly blog about it.


You may remember that recipe for the Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies that I made in the beginning of this cookie countdown. I decided to swap the Rolos for peanut butter cups and nixed the white chocolate drizzle and the crushed pecans on top. Instead of the white chocolate drizzle, I made, for all of you peanut butter lovers, a Peanut Butter Drizzle which I will share with you for the sake of this recipe. Hating peanut butter as much as I do, you'll believe me when I tell you that the drizzle is terrific. Dad used the leftovers to drench his third cookie.


For the cookie recipe go to the Pillsbury site. Use about 15 mini peanut butter cups instead of Rolos. These cookies will be fairly large, as you will need about a tablespoon and a half of dough per cookie to encase the peanut butter cup. After they've cooled, make my Peanut Butter Drizzle for the tops!


The Taming of the Roux
Peanut Butter Drizzle

Ingredients

1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 rounded teaspoons of your favorite peanut butter
2-3 teaspoons of filtered water

Directions

In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of water and 2 rounded teaspoons of peanut butter. Use a whisk to dilute the peanut butter so it becomes fluid and emulsified with the water. Add 1/2 c. of powdered sugar and mix until all the sugar has dissolved and is well incorporated. If it gets too sticky while you're mixing, add an additional teaspoon of water to loosen the glaze.

Spoon into a plastic bag, zip, and snip off a tiny corner and pipe onto your finished cookies.


Believe me, even though I have so much contempt for peanut butter cups, these are very tasty. Everyone who has had one today has enjoyed them immensely.

My sister agreed to model with my cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment