Saturday, December 15, 2012

25 Days of Cookies: Chocolate Orange Chip Cookies


 My sister absolutely loves Orange Milanos. If you've never had chocolate and orange together, then let me tell you how much you're missing out on! These are Double Chocolate Orange Chip Cookies and they're my own original recipe. BUT I am not ready to share the recipe just yet. They count for 25 days of cookies because I baked them obviously.



I want to keep tweaking the recipe until I'm completely happy with it. I think I need to use more brown sugar in the recipe. I want them to be softer and chewier. They're heavenly right out of the oven.


Lindt makes a dark chocolate bar with orange zest and almond slivers in it and I just had to use it in these cookies. I chopped them up and mixed them into the dough but they need a little more fresh orange pop.


Dad took about 75% of these to work with him...he's lucky there was a second container full because otherwise I wouldn't have had any pictures of them.


Let's hope my sister gets to try one since I did make these with her in mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment