Sunday, December 9, 2012

25 Days of Cookies: Espresso Crinkles




Cookie #9! These Espresso Crinkles come from Cooking Light so you won't have to feel so guilty about having one or two or three okay maybe four. Though I wouldn't recommend it. Instead of a shot of espresso in your coffee you can just have one of these cookies instead!



So far they are the most interesting of the cookies I've made so far as they didn't require any butter but instead called for canola oil that you heat over the stove and melt bittersweet chocolate and instant espresso granules into.


I must admit that I'm quite exhausted from doing all this cookie baking. Unlike cakes, pies, brownies, and breads, cookies need babysitting. I can't leave the kitchen while I'm baking cookies, biscotti being the exception.

The recipe says to bake for 10 minutes or until set. 10 minutes in our oven resulted in perfectly cracked tops but still molten centers. I added two minutes to the baking time but ovens differ so if you choose to make these you should start with 10 minutes and then check. Checking is the hard part because they will look like they're done at 10 minutes. You'll just have to take one out and taste! Not a bad deal if you ask me.


Thought I would take the 10th cookie from the cookie wreath so it would match the "9" theme.
 Some of you have been wondering what I've been doing with all these cookies...well I eat a couple and then I give them away. Today I gave them out to college students stressing over their finals in the library. They were very happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment