Monday, December 10, 2012

25 Days of Cookies: Lemon Cookies with Raspberry Glaze



Cookie #10 already! Sometimes I think I enjoy the preparation for Christmas more than Christmas day and even though all the baking is tiring I'm enjoying this year's prep so much!



First time I had these cookies, my friend Hannah made them and they tasted so good I went and found the recipe here on the Food Network website where they have a 5 star rating. I haven't even told you what they are...these are Lemon Ricotta Cookies. Don't get scared by the ricotta!!


Ricotta is an amazingly versatile and mild cheese that makes your homemade ravioli, manicotti, lasagna, and other stuffed pastas amazing, but is also a wonderful addition to sweet treats like these cookies.

I added a little touch of edible golden stars to make them festive too!


Now these Lemon Ricotta Cookies are supposed to be made with a lemon glaze. Which is grand but I wanted to try something different. Last February, I made Lemon Raspberry cupcakes for my mother's birthday and they were phenomenal. Someday I'll share the recipe with you. So I figured, what a great twist for these cookies! Lemon Ricotta Cookies with a Raspberry Chambord Glaze!


You can make these deliciously light and flavorful cookies the original way or you can try it with my raspberry glaze. Both are delightful! [Though I think my glaze is better :) ]

Raspberry Chambord Glaze

  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 + 1/2 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 + 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 + 1/2 tablespoons Chambord (or other raspberry flavored liqueur)
Combine the above ingredients in a medium-large bowl and stir until smooth.

Note: I used the electric mixer and after some fiddling around with whisks, ended up using the paddle attachment. If your glaze seems a little too stiff add a teaspoon of water to thin it.



Oh, by the way...


 
This was my dad's method of eating the Espresso Cookies from yesterday...

 
...Dunked in- not milk, not coffee -my raspberry glaze!

I literally tried forcing him out of the kitchen and away from the Lemon cookies I was still working on but he managed to get a couple swipes of the glaze before mom gave him what was left of the royal icing from the gingerbread men in that container. 

I gave him what was left of the glaze after I finished working on the Lemon cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment